- College Visits – College Visits are complete for the fall; however look for a few to be added in the spring. All Juniors and Seniors are encouraged to sign up and take advantage of these opportunities to talk to area college reps. The SCO recommends you talk to a rep from a two-year and four-year college; in addition to a public school and a private school to see what each can offer you. You can sign up through Naviance, in the SCO or in the Senior Study Hall.
- Area College Fairs – Take advantage for the area college fairs that were advertised in your Junior or Senior folders given to you in your English class.
- ACE Scholarship for Tuition Assistance – The scholarship for tuition assistance for your spring ACE courses will be given out next week and is due to the SCO no later than February 9, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.
- SAT/ACT – Dates for both the SAT and ACT are listed in the SCO. You sign up on the College Board website at www.collegeboard.com. The SAT is given here at Wayland-Cohocton in November and May. The dates/locations are open to all area students, so sign-up early to ensure your spot. You must upload a picture when registering and fee waivers are available for eligible students. See you counselor for assistance if necessary.
- Scholarships – Senior scholarship packets were given out before Christmas break. Select and highlight the scholarships you are eligible/interested in applying for and return the packet to Mrs. Elliott in the SCO. She will pull the individual scholarships and leave your packet on the SCO counter for your pick-up. Be sure to note all deadlines and give teachers/counselors time to write you letters of recommendation if necessary. Check for new scholarships that have been added.