Smart Schools Investment Plan: Board Approves Final Plan
The Smart Schools Bond Act of 2014 was passed in the 2014-2015 State Budget and approved by the voters in a statewide referendum held during the 2014 General Election on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. The Smart Schools Bond Act authorized the issuance of $2 billion of general obligation bonds to finance improved educational technology and infrastructure to improve learning and opportunity for students throughout the State.
On February 8, 2016, the Wayland-Cohocton Board of Education reviewed and approved the Preliminary Smart Schools Investment Plan for our district, and on March 29, 2016 the Final Smart Schools Investment Plan was approved by the Board of Education and approved by NYSED on May 11, 2016. The District is now authorized to make expenditures. Please click here to review the Plan.
Please send any comments about the Preliminary Smart Schools Investment Plan to Superintendent Eileen Feinman at email@example.com.
- The School Board approved a preliminary SMART Schools Investment Plan on February 8, 2016.
- The Preliminary Plan will be posted on the District Website for at least 30 days beginning February 9, 2016. The District will include an address to which any written comments on the plan should be sent.
- A public hearing will be held for input on the Preliminary Plan at 5:30 pm on March 14, 2016. This hearing will occur before the scheduled School Board meeting.
- The District will prepare a final plan for School Board approval.
- The final proposed plan will be submitted to NYSED and will posted on the District’s website.
- The District will then purchase the items that are approved and submit receipts to the State for reimbursement.