Wayland-Cohocton Central School District is pleased to announce it will be offering Encompass After School Program again this year for students in the Middle School. This program is made available through a partnership among Wayland-Cohocton Central School District and EnCompass Resources for Learning, a non-profit academic outreach agency. This academically-based program will engage students in small-group inquiry or project-based learning opportunities. Together, kids and teachers discover, discuss, and investigate topics while also receiving targeted tutoring in reading/ELA.
EnCompass is looking forward to having a lot of fun and providing many meaningful learning experiences. Please consider enrolling your child so that he/she may join us in exploring interesting topics and answering questions about the world in which they live.
Here is some important information:
- There is no charge for the program.
- The after-school program dates are October 8, 2019 – March 19, 2020.
- The program will operate on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:20 - 5:20 pm.
- Extended learning opportunities will be provided in small group settings using inquiry-based and project -based learning principles with ratios of two teachers for every 12 students.
- Students will also receive targeted tutoring/instruction with no more than a 1:6 teacher/student ratio.
- During program hours, students will be provided with a healthy snack.
- Family Nights will be held twice to share the experiences of the students.
- The program is limited to sixty students. Priority will be given on a first come, first served basis.
Applications are due to the MS Office ASAP. CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE INFORMATION.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Program Site Coordinator Mrs. Anne Baker at (585)728-2551 or via e-mail at email@example.com WC looks forward to a year of extended learning and extended fun!