- The Governor has threatened a 20% cut in State Aid allocations
- WCCS has already seen a reduction in certain State Aid categories
- A 20% cut in aid equals $4.2 million in revenues for the district
- If relief isn’t provided by the federal government, or the state doesn’t change its plan to reduce aid, WCCS will see significant cuts to staff and programs.
- If the State continues to decrease our aid payments, it will be difficult to sustain our hybrid learning model we are currently in and will likely have to go to 100% remote learning.
- The continued cuts in our aid will impact our district, our students and programs for several years to come.
WCCS is asking the community to join in advocating on behalf of the school district with your government officials. In advocating with State representatives, it is important to focus on the elimination of State Aid cuts to school districts. In advocating with Federal representatives, it is important to address the need for a relief package that addresses the needs of public schools and replaces the decrease in State aid. Sample letters can be found to the left. Contacts are below.
|New York State:|
|The Honorable Marjorie Byrnes|
133 NYS Assembly District
79 Genesee Street
Avon, NY 14414
Fax: (585) 226-2022
|The Honorable Thomas O'Mara|
58th NYS Senate District
105 East Steuben Street
Bath, NY 14810
|The Honorable Thomas Reed|
US Congressman for NY 23rd District
89 West Market Street
Corning, NY 14830
Email Congressman Reed
|The Honorable Charles Schumer|
US Senator for New York State
100 State Street, Room 3040
Rochester, NY 14614
Fax: (585) 263-3173
Email Senator Schumer